Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Day After......


An appointment is scheduled by permanent disability in relation to my fibromyalgia for the day after

I can not cancel it

I wake and shower

I put my soft collar on

It hurts

I take my soft collar off

Update my "Instant Me" on patientslikeme.com

I add colloid cyst to my list of diseases on my profile

Hmmmm....6 other people list this

Fibro=37,013 people

Tuck that info away till after your appointment

Honey please drive me

Fill this out

Are you depressed?

Have you ever been depressed?

Say these words

Spell this word backwards

Count forward

Skip these numbers

Say those words

Are you depressed?

Pick up cat food

Let's go home after this

Getting Sore

Forget daughter has to work

Rush back
Pain
Neck hurting
tired
lie on couch
call doc to inform
inform insurance
eat something
rest neck
doc's office says please call back with claim number asap to schedule
research
"Colloid cysts are non cancerous (benign) congenital brain tumors. These cysts can be problematic because of their location and size. The tumors usually become symptomatic in adult patients ages 20-50 years."  www.patientslikeme.com

Wait...What?  Does that say brain tumor?  But didn't that er doc specifically tell me that it's NOT a tumor? 

'A colloid cyst is a cyst containing gelatinous material in the brain. It is almost always found just posterior to the foramen of Monro in the anterior aspect of the third ventricle, originating from the roof of the ventricle. Because of its location, it can cause obstructive hydrocephalus and increased intracranial pressure. These cysts account for approximately 1% of all intracranial tumors"  Wikipedia  

There's that word again 

Tumor 
Brain
Brain tumor
1.% 
Rare 
1 in a million
Usually found accidentally....or post-mortem
What?
Don't panic
Breathe
Don't tell anyone till you speak with your doc
don't panic
time to sleep 
Sleep....please sleep.....
Fine...read a book
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thursday, August 15, 2013 






No comments:

Post a Comment