Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Big IF

I've decided to tell the children.  They are young adults at this point.  Reality is that I want to give them time to wrap their heads around the fact that I HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR....whoops sorry...that keeps happening but not as often as last week.  So as I said, I want to give them time to adjust and time to realize that everything is going to be ok. I'm working myself up to doing it though. Then IF....see it's a big if....IF the doctor wants to operate, at least they have had time to adjust to it and don't have it thrown right in their lap that oh...so btw, your mother has a brain tumor and is going in for brain surgery...Whew...That doesn't feel like the right thing to do ....Hence, I have to tell the children.  I've told 2 out of 3 that we need a family meeting.  We are having our Summer BBQ today while also celebrating my one son's birthday.  I don't want to tell them today.  I'm going to have to get them to figure out their schedules so that I can get all 3 of them in the same location again very soon.


On a similar note, I picked up my CT scan to bring to the neurologist.  While at the hospital, I asked where is known for their neurosurgery in the area.  This led me to the "Brain Tumor Center of NJ"(http://www.atlantichealth.org/neuroscience/our+services/services+by+condition/brain+tumors/) .  Sounds serious.  I"m going to call them on Monday and get an appointment with a neurosurgeon.  Figure why wait another 3 weeks after seeing the neurologist for an appointment when I know she's going to want me to go for an eval by a neurosurgeon.  Besides, even if they just watch it for now, God forbid something happens later, at least I will already have a doc to call.

Well, off to finish getting ready for our BBQ & shower.....hopefully, I can bend down far enough to shave my legs today...