Sunday, November 18, 2012

Youth

Ahhh, I remember.
I remember the indignation at the injustice of it all,
I remember believing firmly that money isn't everything,
I remember I was going to conquer the world,
I remember I was going to feed the hungry and care for the poor;

It's funny how life steals away many of our dreams with the harshness that is reality!
It's funny how our children carry those same dreams,
It's funny how the last thing we want is to destroy some of those ideas but as adults we recognize that in order for our children to succeed in life they must face a harsh reality:
We can't help them all.
Money does matter
The world can conquer us.
Life is full of injustice

This doesn't mean we are helpless in it all....it means that:
we find a way to do what we love and get paid for it
We be respectful and kind to those in our lives
We help those locally that we can
We keep our hearts open to giving and volunteering
And last but in no way least:
We stand up and point out injustice ,
We confront it
We do what we can to fight it
We do not let evil stand unchallenged

And we hold our children responsible and teach them what we have learned and pray it sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment