Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Chris Angel's Neck

I was sitting here watching tv(my second largest pastime since becoming disabled.   I saw a commercial for Chris Angel's newest stunt.  If you don't know who he is, he is a magician known for his over the top tricks. Some would compare him to a modern day Houdini.

Well, his most recent trick entails being placed in 2 straight jackets, hung upside down and have a 50 lb weight(or a rope that weighs 50 lbs (it wasn't really clear which).  All I could think was why in the world would anyone put themselves in a position to hurt their spine.   Maybe if they knew what my daily life is like, they would be more careful so as not to jeopardize their quality of life.

I know I haven't checked in lately.  I was under the impression that I was doing a good impression of a person handling all the latest stresses well.    You should see it, my impression, it's really pretty damn great. ......Except then I realized some little things. For example, I haven't been on here a while, I haven't spent any quality time with friends and family(couldn't bear the thought of picking up the phone even), had a hard time when people did call sometimes, I shower every other day and since my clothes are too tight on me  because I have gained alot of weight due to medication and lack of activity, I don't have any money at all coming in since my temporary disability has run out and my permanent is in appeals(if denied, could take another year before I get a hearing to have it approved...(.more on this will follow.) ).......  

Truth is the pain has been getting worse as we transition into winter.  I am in constant pain and occasionally will have a wave of fresh and stronger pain shoot through my body.  I'm cranky.  I'm tired. I'm sad.


So who in their right mind would jeopardize their life in a deliberate way that could end up like me?   Ok so you say your not in your right mind....or that the money is worth it.....trust me...it's not.....This is a horrible disease.    Well enough on ranting on Chris Angel.....I promise my next post will at least be an attempt at being more productive....Keep your eyes open for a frank conversation about the disability system.   (I know exciting right? )


Toodles for now




No comments:

Post a Comment